Thought maybe we could have a thread for discussing potential RPG elements for the game. You've mentioned the possibility of adding some RPG elements soon... care to share any details?
I'd prefer not to see special skills that can be triggered via a click/keypress and earned by gaining levels. Then it becomes just like any other mmorpg where higher level players can (and frequently do) stomp all over the low/mid level players. Basic skill trees might be cool, tho. Skills that wouldn't necessarily give one player a huge advantage over another, but'd still be desirable to have, such as:
* stealth vs npcs - reduces the distance at which they can see you, especially if not moving. Maybe enhanced via cammo-clothing?
* gathering related skills - get more wood/metal/stone/cloth/meat from kills and resource locations.
* Wood/Metal/Stone/Cloth worker skills - use less resources in crafting.
* Destruction skills - tear down walls/fences/doors more quickly.
* Lock picking - open doors and storage boxes (expensive and fragile tools still required).
* Mechanic skills - repair vehicles and other ?future? mechanical items.
* Fitness related - last longer on less food.